Monday, January 17, 2022

COVID Test Results

Wednesday evening, on the 12th, I received my results for the COVID PCR test from RiteAid.

NEGATIVE!!!

I returned to work the following day. I am still baffled by the outcome, especially considering I not only was with my family who was positive but had exhibited extremely mild cold symptoms as well. So many hypotheses about it, but really, who knows? I am going with it and hopefully, I will remain healthy for the long haul.

This virus, pandemic, and rules around it are very confusing and nothing seems to make sense. Like everyone, I am tired of it all. To think that we may have to continue dealing with these rules, mandates, restrictions for another three years are disheartening. 

As the virus mutates, it will become less and less of a problem, as so many have in the past and we will be living our lives without all these restrictions that segregate us from life and humanity. Hopefully, this will happen sooner than later.

I think we all have to understand that despite what they want us to think is correct, is still a guessing game. Everything is constantly changing as we learn more about the virus. Really, nobody knows what they are doing and mistakes will continue to happen. We are all human. We have to continue to remember that.

We as individuals have to do what we feel is best for ourselves and our loved ones. My opinion is my own. My choices are my own. I cannot tell you how to make your choices and you cannot tell me how to make mine. We have to remember and remind ourselves of that. 

Nobody is wrong here. 

We have to accept that we are doing what we think is best for ourselves. We should not shame, segregate or abandon those that may feel differently than ourselves. We must embrace our differences and if someone fails, which will occur, support them instead of ridicule and punish them. Learn from the mistakes and failures, so that they have less likely of a chance to be repeated in our future (near and far).

Let's keep reminding each other that we are ALL Human. This is a learning and growing experience meant for us to conquer together, not to separate and divide us.

We all want to be safe, healthy, and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COVID Test Results

Wednesday evening, on the 12th, I received my results for the COVID PCR test from RiteAid. NEGATIVE!!! I returned to work the following day....